Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A New To Do List


I've been neglecting this blog, and worse than that, I've been neglecting this project.  But a comment my little girl made to me the other day has brought my focus back.

I was standing in line waiting to return something.  My little lady was sitting in the cart.  She said to me, "Mommy, why do you look so sad?"  It caught me completely off guard.  I wasn't feeling sad at all.  As a matter of fact, I was having a pretty good morning -- other than the waiting in line part.  But it did draw my attention to the fact that all the little crap in my life has managed to take the driver's seat, and my joy's been napping in the back.  So, it's time to reset.  And...since nothing makes me feel better than a fresh To Do list...well, I made a list.

And here it is, my list.  Three things I'm going to make an effort to do every day this month.  And no, there's no typo in that first item.  It looks a little strange sitting up there in the top priority spot, but I promise you, that's exactly where it needs to be.  I'll explain later.  Right now I've got three really important things to do.

What are you going to do today to reclaim your joy?

1 comment:

Almost Precious said...

Hi there! You have been away for a spell. Good to see you're blogging again. Didn't even realize that you had this blog, are you giving up on your other blog...Teddy Started It?
To be honest one blog is almost more than I can keep up with and lately I've had a case of blahs. Would much rather be outside picking wildflowers than trying to think of something to blog about. Well maybe tomorrow. :)